THE Baftas are an annual eventuality that recognises superb cinematic performances.
Find out who’s adult for an endowment this year…
What are a 2019 Bafta nominations?
The Favourite leads a competition for this year’s Bafta Awards, with 12 nominations.
It’s approach forward of a rivals Bohemian Rhapsody, A Star Is Born, First Man and Roma, that all have 7 nominations each.
Best Leading Actress
- Glenn Close – The Wife. Glenn plays a pretension purpose of a lady who questions her life choices as she travels to Stockholm with her husband, where he is slated to accept a Nobel Prize for Literature.
- Lady Gaga – A Star Is Born. Lady Gaga is some-more ordinarily famous for her songs, though in this film she combines behaving with song and takes on a lead purpose of Ally.
- Melissa McCarthy – Can You Ever Forgive Me? Melissa has seen her star soar over a final few years and is now one of Hollywood’s heading ladies. For this film she plays Lee Israel, a author who falls on tough times.
- Olivia Colman – The Favourite. Olivia is roving high during a moment, with her purpose of Queen Anne in The Favourite quite garnering her praise.
- Viola Davis – Widows. Viola is good famous for scooping tip awards with a Bafta and Academy Award already underneath her belt. This year she has been nominated for her purpose of Veronica Rawlings – a Chicago teachers’ kinship delegate.
This difficulty recognises a best actresses in a heading role.
So far, Olivia Colman is strongly sloping to win a award, carrying scooped a Golden Globe for a role. Lady Gaga is a tighten second for A Star Is Born.
Best Leading Actor
- Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born. The large actor has been nominated twice before for a Bafta for his roles in American Hustle and Silver Linings Playbook. He will be anticipating for a win for his purpose of Jackson Maine in A Star Is Born.
- Christian Bale – Vice. Christian Bale scooped a Golden Globe for his purpose of Dick Cheney, so he could be on for a win during a Baftas.
- Rami Malek – Bohemian Rhapsody. Rami has shot to general stardom interjection to his purpose of Freddie Mercury in this British film. He also won a Best Actor drum during a Golden Globes.
- Steve Coogan – Stan Ollie. Steve is behind in a cinemas with this new film and will be anticipating to win a Bafta for his purpose of Stan Laurel.
- Viggo Mortensen – Green Book. Like Bradley Cooper, Viggo has been nominated twice before for a Bafta. This could be his year for his purpose of Tony Lip in Green Book.
This difficulty celebrates a best actors of a final year.
As Rami Malek won a drum during a Golden Globes for Bohemian Rhapsody he is expected to take a Bafta.
Best Supporting Actress
- Amy Adams – Vice. For this film, Amy teamed adult with her American Hustle co-star Christian Bale. She is nominated for personification Lynne Cheney in a movie.
- Claire Foy – First Man. Claire has seen been many sought-after given her purpose as a Queen in The Crown. This is her initial Bafta assignment and she has been given a curtsy for her purpose as Janet Armstrong.
- Emma Stone – The Favourite. The heavenly of Hollywood, Emma, is no foreigner to a awards season, and already has a Golden Globe and Oscar underneath her belt. But could this be her year to win that Bafta?
- Margot Robbie – Mary Queen of Scots. Margot has valid herself to be a really versatile actress. She started her career in Aussie soap Neighbours and is now one of Hollywood’s heading ladies.
- Rachel Weisz -The Favourite. Rachel is adult opposite her co-star Emma. She will be anticipating to bag that Bafta for her purpose of Sarah Churchill, Duchess of Marlborough.
This drum is given in honour of an thespian who has delivered an superb opening in a ancillary purpose while operative within a film industry.
This year is sincerely rival as Rachel Weisz and Emma Stone are both adult for a endowment for a same film, The Favourite.
Best Supporting Actor
- Adam Driver – BlacKkKlansman. He shot to celebrity in TV array Girls though has fast turn a sought after film actor. In this Spike Lee film, he plays Detective Philip “Flip” Zimmerman.
- Mahershala Ali – Green Book. Mahershala has valid himself to be a tip category actor on both a large and tiny screen. In this film, he plays a purpose of “Doc” Don Shirley.
- Richard E Grant – Can You Ever Forgive Me? The venerable actor teams adult with Melissa McCarthy for this movie, personification Jack Hock.
- Sam Rockwell – Vice. For this film, Sam took on a severe purpose of former boss George W. Bush.
- Timothee Chalamet – Beautiful Boy. He might customarily be 23 years aged though Timothee is proof fetishism is a force to be reckoned with. He is nominated for his portrayal of a drug-addicted teen in a drama.
A ancillary actor is a male who performs a purpose in a film next that of a heading actor, though above that of a bit part.
Adam Driver is strongly sloping to take home a endowment for his purpose in BlacKkKlansman.
- BlacKkKlansman – Jason Blum, Spike Lee, Raymond Mansfield, Sean McKittrick, Jordan Peele
- The Favourite – Ceci Dempsey, Ed Guiney, Yorgos Lanthimos, Lee Magiday
- Green Book – Jim Burke, Brian Currie, Peter Farrelly, Nick Vallelonga, Charles B. Wessler
- Roma – Alfonso Cuarón, Gabriela Rodríguez
- A Star Is Born – Bradley Cooper, Bill Gerber, Lynette Howell Taylor
Any film from any nation can be nominated for this award.
The Favourite is sloping to win in 2019.
- Spike Lee – BlacKkKlansman. Spike will be anticipating to bag his second Bafta after winning behind in 2002.
- Paweł Pawlikowski – Cold War. Pawel tells a story of the Cold War in Poland, where dual people of incompatible backgrounds and temperaments start an roughly unfit romance.
- Yorgos Lanthimos – The Favourite. This film has bagged a many nominations and Yorgos will be anticipating to land a Best Director gong.
- Alfonso Cuaron – Roma. Alfonso’s film is strongly sloping to win large during a Baftas and a executive is now favourite to win this award.
- Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born. This film is Bradley’s initial time during directing a movie. He is a second favourite to take home a gong.
This endowment honours a directors who have brought a best cinema to a large screen.
So distant Alfonso Cuaron and Bradley Cooper are a favourites to dip this award.
Outstanding British Film
- Beast – Michael Pearce, Kristian Brodie, Lauren Dark, Ivana MacKinnon
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Bryan Singer, Graham King, Anthony McCarten
- The Favourite – Yorgos Lanthimos, Ceci Dempsey, Ed Guiney, Lee Magiday, Deborah Davis, Tony McNamara
- McQueen – Ian Bonhôte, Peter Ettedgui, Andee Ryder, Nick Taussig
- Stan Ollie – Jon S. Baird, Faye Ward, Jeff Pope
- You Were Never Really Here – Lynne Ramsay, Rosa Attab, Pascal Caucheteux, James Wilson
To be authorised for assignment as Outstanding British Film, a film “must have poignant artistic impasse by people who are British”.
Bohemian Rhapsody or The Favourite are expected to take a crown.
- Free solo – Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi, Jimmy Chin. Alex Honnold completes a initial giveaway solo stand of famed El Capitan’s 3,000-foot straight stone face during Yosemite National Park.
- McQueen – Ian Bonhôte, Peter Ettedgui. Exploring a life of British conform engineer Alexander McQueen, who started his career in his teenagers before gaining notice as a engineer for Givenchy and rising his possess label, that continues to this day. He took his possess life in 2010.
- RBG – Julie Cohen, Betsy West. An insinuate mural of an doubtful stone star: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. With rare access, a filmmakers try how her early authorised battles altered a universe for women.
- They Shall Not Grow aged – Peter Jackson. Using state-of-the-art record and materials from a BBC and Imperial War Museum, filmmaker Peter allows a story of World War we to be told by a group who were there. Life on a front is explored by a voices of a soldiers, who plead their feelings about a conflict.
- Three Identical Strangers – Tim Wardle, Grace Hughes-Hallett, Becky Read. Identical triplets turn distant during birth and adopted by 3 opposite families. Years later, their extraordinary reunion becomes a tellurian prodigy though also unearths an unthinkable tip that has radical repercussions.
This endowment goes to a documentary film that tells a loyal story, a chronicle of that we have mostly never listened of before.
McQueen is sloping to dip a prize.
- Cold War – Janusz Głowacki, Paweł Pawlikowski. Set opposite a backdrop of a 1950s Cold War in Poland, dual people of incompatible backgrounds and temperaments start an roughly unfit romance.
- The Favourite – Deborah Davis, Tony McNamara. In early 18th century England, a thin Queen Anne occupies a bench and her tighten friend, Lady Sarah, governs a nation in her stead. When a new servant, Abigail, arrives, her attract endears her to Sarah.
- Green Book – Brian Currie, Peter Farrelly, Nick Vallelonga. A working-class Italian-American bouncer becomes a motorist of an African-American exemplary pianist on a debate of venues by a 1960s American South.
- Roma – Alfonso Cuarón. A year in a life of a middle-class family’s lassie in Mexico City in a early 1970s.
- Vice – Adam McKay. The story of Dick Cheney, an artless official Washington insider, who sensitively wielded measureless energy as Vice President to George W. Bush, reshaping a nation and a creation in ways that we still feel today.
The Bafta endowment for a Best Original Screenplay is for a film not formed on formerly published material.
The Favourite or Vice are sloping to dip a gong.
- BlacKkKlansman – Spike Lee, David Rabinowitz, Charlie Wachtel, Kevin Willmott. Ron Stallworth, an African American military officer from Colorado Springs, CO, successfully manages to penetrate a internal Ku Klux Klan bend with a assistance of a Jewish broker who eventually becomes a leader. Based on tangible events.
- Can You Ever Forgive Me? – Nicole Holofcener, Jeff Whitty. When author Lee Israel falls out of step with stream tastes, she turns her art form to deception.
- First Man – Josh Singer. A demeanour during a life of a astronaut, Neil Armstrong, and a mythological space goal that led him to turn a initial male to travel on a Moon on Jul 20, 1969.
- If Beale Street Could Talk – Barry Jenkins. A lady in Harlem embraces her pregnancy while she and her family onslaught to infer her fiancé trusting of a crime.
- A Star Is Born – Bradley Cooper, Will Fetters, Eric Roth. A lady in Harlem embraces her pregnancy while she and her family of musicians assistance a immature thespian find fame, even as age and alcoholism send his possess career into a downward spiral. They onslaught to infer her fiancé trusting of a crime.
This drum is awarded any year to a author of a screenplay adapted from another source.
This is customarily a novel, play, brief story or TV array though infrequently another film.
- BlacKkKlansman – Terence Blanchard
- If Beale Street Could Talk – Nicholas Britell
- Isle of Dogs – Alexandre Desplat
- Mary Poppins Returns – Marc Shaiman
- A Star Is Born – Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Lukas Nelson
This endowment recognises song created privately for a film it is enclosed in. A Star Is Born is sloping to win, though could it be pipped to a post by Mary Poppins Returns?
EE Rising Star Award (voted for by a public)
- Barry Keoghan
- Cynthia Erivo
- Jessie Buckley
- Lakeith Stanfield
- Letitia Wright
This endowment recognises a world’s best arriving talent and is a customarily endowment that is voted for by a public.
Vote here for your favourite.
- The Baftas are hold on Sunday, February 10, 2019.